Well,if u find urself in an unknown city in nigeria, living alone for any reason or the other, (most especially corpers)
I think these are some helpful survival tips for low income earners like me :)
The list also applies to people staying at home sef, but these are things you dont take note of once mummy is there to do it. :)
They are few, so you can add some if you know any.
1) have an earpiece handy or learn how to tune people out sometimes. Some people are very ignorant and do not know how to hide it.
2) know you area bois, but not too well.
Dont get familiar with them o, just greet them once in a blue-moon, let them sha recognize your face smallll. They dont need to know your name o.
Incase any wahala happens, if sm1 wants to cheat you or if u run your mouth to much and they want to beat u, the area bois can come to your rescue. :)
This is necessary as the nigerian police .........., u know d rest.
3) if you do not have a gen, look for a shop or store around with a friendly owner that has a gen.
try to buy things small small from them like blade, you know all those things sha.. Form a cordial relationship with them. When phcn strikes, you can go and charge your bb there. Sha do not charge it and go o. Phones are charged at owners risk.
Nobody is friendly when it comes to replaing lost phones.
4) try to speak a little of their language. Even if its just their greeting. Most nigerians are happy If you let them know you dnt speak their language but show that you are attempting to learn. Most times they just laugh and try to correct you.
1 Hausa man now knows this is my scope for extra suya, oga don lock up :|
5) learn to priceeeeee... Yes o. Everynigerian is ijebu. Even if u have d money price dat shii to d last. Dont let them make too much profit on your head. Another person will come.
6) know a little current affairs or at least read linda ikeji small, with nigerians, the conversation is shorter when you know what you are tAlking about. If you show a sign that you dont know, they try to teach you what you dont want to know that they think they know, then the conversation gets longer or it turns into an argument that you cant get out of. Especially if its about football.
Trust me you dnt want to be in that kind of situatuion
7) dnt give people the vibe that you are much more richer than them.
Before you crucify me with comments, i didnt say you should appear poor o. but dnt go and be doing omo baba olowo up and down.
in this part of the world, when people get that vibe, they proably want to turn you to maga, they expect freebies, they want to borrow 'indefinitely' or the shameless 1z want you to settle them.
8) have a stove handy. Your gas might finish as you are making dinner on a saturday night. :| been there, done dat, hunger is real.
9) Staying alone can get boring or depressing. Find a family you can visit at least once in a month, or once in 3 months. Seeing children run up and down or being naughty can give you a feeling of home.
10) try to buy rechargable everything. Phcn is a bitch.
11) mortein is cheap, artesunate is expensive... Do everything you can to avoid malaria.. And typhoid too.
12) try to be a little bit friendly. It cant pay you to be packing face like cow shit up and down. People give more favors to people that smile. Living example here.... :)
Oya show me ur 32...
Deut 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live: