Would you believe its almost a year since i posted something here?
The cobwebs are amazing.
Let me just pretend like my last post was yesterday and just ignore all the side eyes -__-
oya this time i'm back....
i hope :)
I really need to work on being consistent in all that i do.
Theres just this impatient little child in me that just wants to move on to the next shiny toy :(
Well, this is another year of learning for me.
The same way Lagos drivers have taught me the virtue called PATIENCE, i believe there's nothing i can't learn in this world.
in the spirit of forgiveness.... :)
I have plenty plenty updates. (gist, tatafo, ofofo)
I didn't complete my NYSC experiences here :( .even though im done with that (thank you master Jesus) i'll still post some funny past experiences. gist no dey tire to follow me.
When i posted this Ankara diy here, i was desperate for ijebu skills.
I searched blogs and youtube for tutorials and posts but i got nothing i could follow. You know me i like things to be as basic as A,B,C and Youtube is kinda a luxury here thanks to our wonderful ISPs.
So,i eventually carried my two left legs and went to a fashion school (thats what all tailoring kiosks call themselves nowadays) and i upgraded my sewing and creative skills. so, all of you that are always looking for tutorials like i used to do, i gat ya covered (lemmy hear an Amen!!!!!!!)
I just hope i can get a device which takes decent pictures.
I also want to start learning french, mobile programming and creative writing real well this year and i hope i can document my progress here. Dont be surprised when you start using google translate (it go tey small sha) and you start reading fiction here. :)
chll... chilll i know its a lot but remember YOLO.. :)
I have background knowledge in all this and i just feel its going to be a waste if i don't improve on them gradually.
errm guys, this blogger editors spell check is faulty o.
Have a nice day wherever you are.
Friday, April 25, 2014
Thursday, July 4, 2013
Well,if u find urself in an unknown city in nigeria, living alone for any reason or the other, (most especially corpers)
I think these are some helpful survival tips for low income earners like me :)
The list also applies to people staying at home sef, but these are things you dont take note of once mummy is there to do it. :)
They are few, so you can add some if you know any.
1) have an earpiece handy or learn how to tune people out sometimes. Some people are very ignorant and do not know how to hide it.
2) know you area bois, but not too well.
Dont get familiar with them o, just greet them once in a blue-moon, let them sha recognize your face smallll. They dont need to know your name o.
Incase any wahala happens, if sm1 wants to cheat you or if u run your mouth to much and they want to beat u, the area bois can come to your rescue. :)
This is necessary as the nigerian police .........., u know d rest.
3) if you do not have a gen, look for a shop or store around with a friendly owner that has a gen.
try to buy things small small from them like blade, you know all those things sha.. Form a cordial relationship with them. When phcn strikes, you can go and charge your bb there. Sha do not charge it and go o. Phones are charged at owners risk.
Nobody is friendly when it comes to replaing lost phones.
4) try to speak a little of their language. Even if its just their greeting. Most nigerians are happy If you let them know you dnt speak their language but show that you are attempting to learn. Most times they just laugh and try to correct you.
1 Hausa man now knows this is my scope for extra suya, oga don lock up :|
5) learn to priceeeeee... Yes o. Everynigerian is ijebu. Even if u have d money price dat shii to d last. Dont let them make too much profit on your head. Another person will come.
6) know a little current affairs or at least read linda ikeji small, with nigerians, the conversation is shorter when you know what you are tAlking about. If you show a sign that you dont know, they try to teach you what you dont want to know that they think they know, then the conversation gets longer or it turns into an argument that you cant get out of. Especially if its about football.
Trust me you dnt want to be in that kind of situatuion
7) dnt give people the vibe that you are much more richer than them.
Before you crucify me with comments, i didnt say you should appear poor o. but dnt go and be doing omo baba olowo up and down.
in this part of the world, when people get that vibe, they proably want to turn you to maga, they expect freebies, they want to borrow 'indefinitely' or the shameless 1z want you to settle them.
8) have a stove handy. Your gas might finish as you are making dinner on a saturday night. :| been there, done dat, hunger is real.
9) Staying alone can get boring or depressing. Find a family you can visit at least once in a month, or once in 3 months. Seeing children run up and down or being naughty can give you a feeling of home.
10) try to buy rechargable everything. Phcn is a bitch.
11) mortein is cheap, artesunate is expensive... Do everything you can to avoid malaria.. And typhoid too.
12) try to be a little bit friendly. It cant pay you to be packing face like cow shit up and down. People give more favors to people that smile. Living example here.... :)
Oya show me ur 32...
Deut 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:
Friday, June 7, 2013
Congratulations to the batch B 2013 corpers that passed out yesterday...
I hope some of you are not passed out under 1 bridge thanks to the celebration(s)
Let me just pretent that i didnt go mia for a while...
Pls just ignore me.
Dnt worry i was stalking all of ya blogs :)
I dont know if its the passing out of this batch, or the fact that i know my batch is passing out next (wow time flies, when did i even start) or some other unknown factors... Bt mhen ive been depressed lately
Like big time....
The future is just starring you in d face and you cant read its expression.
It might be smiling, laughing or even mocking you
Bt deres nothing you can do bout that right.
Ive been concerned about whats gonna happen next..
Am i gonna get a job? Everywhere i turn, its unemployment or underemployment.
Whos even gonna give me a job? Am i smart enough?
Do i even want to work?
Do i want to start up something? And what is it?
I pickedup sewing this year and its something to consider but the fashion world is so competitive and everywhere and everyone seems so glamorous and sure of themselves while me i just feel like a very large potato
(This is how i feel most of the time )
Do i wanna continue computer science? I really like it, bt there re so many smart good geeks out there.
Im nowhere near a geek
Do i wanna further my education or not.
Am i keeping the right friends?
Do i say the right things?
I dnt wanna go to a world where im just gonna exist
Im not the kind of person that goes into something cos everybody is going into it.
I really admire u pple that have gotten these figured out cos i havnt, and i dnt even know where to start from.
Im honestly scared of what the future holds.
Well, the future has come.
Im strongly holding on to 2 corinthians 12:9 that says his grace his sufficient
But i hope my doubts are not too many that his grace will not suffice.